Story excerpt provided by Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Written by Marcia Pledger.
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Six startups will compete for $50,000 in prizes Thursday as part of a program at Case Western Reserve University that honors legendary investor David Morgenthaler.
Each of the contestants competing in the first-ever Morgenthaler-Pavey Startup Competition have at least one current CWRU student or recent alumni on board. The cash prizes, provided primarily by JumpStart, are $25,000 for first place, $15,000 for second and $10,000 for third place.
- Apollo Medical Devices: rapid blood-testing technology providing eight measurements within 5 minutes from a single drop
- Everhire: employee-recruiting pairing artificial intelligence and professional screeners
- Hedgemon: hedgehog-inspired tech for safer football helmets
- KitcheNet: grocery boxes to neighborhoods where fresh, diverse food sources are lacking
- ImaginAg: algorithms to analyze aerial images of agriculture and timber lands
- Inspirit: wearable devices to monitor dehydration among the elderly and others
Click here to read the complete article.
Click here to read a related story.
Originally published March 14, 2018.