Paid Diversity & Inclusion Technology Internships available to any college student interested in gaining real-world experience with technology
Internships have become increasingly important in today’s competitive job market. Completion of an internship can help you attain on-the-job training you simply can’t find within a college classroom, signal to companies that you’re a go-getter and help make your resume stand out from the crowd of interested applicants.
The Diversity and Inclusion Technology Internship Program is an opportunity to get hands-on experience in some of Ohio’s most innovative companies. We’re placing highly-motivated college students at early-stage technology companies or companies with a technological need. Companies across Ohio have an opportunity to get great talent to help them grow, with budding engineers, researchers, market analysts, designers, marketers and others. We’ll even help finance the position by paying two-thirds of intern wages up to $10,000.
We’re matching students and companies for internships for this summer and fall, from June 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. They can be either three or six-month internships.
What kind of companies are we looking for?
- Ohio: Is your company located in Ohio?
- Technology: Are you an early-stage technology company or company with a technology need?
- Talent: Are you looking for top talent?
- Time: Can you host full-time or part-time interns over a period of three to six months?
Great — Companies can apply here today through April 30th.
Who can apply?
- Students: Are you a student enrolled in a college program (Associate up to a Doctorate)?
- Ohio: Are you a resident of the Buckeye State? OR are you enrolled at an Ohio institution?
- Technology: Are you interested in technology or startup companies? Here’s what you may be doing:
- Software design, computer programming and coding;
- Laboratory experimentation and product testing, including experiment design;
- Graphic design work in both physical and web applications;
- Quality assurance projects in manufacturing, product testing, and software;
- Design and manufacture of physical products;
- Competitive market research, analyze new markets, business plan writing; and
- Providing business and entrepreneurship assistance to startup companies.
- Focus: Your studies can focus on any discipline!
- Paid: Are you interested in getting paid a minimum of $15/hour?
Great — Students can apply here today through April 23rd.
If you’re interested in participating in the program—whether as a student or as a hiring company—send us a note and we’ll get back to you: Diversity_inclusion_internship@development.ohio.gov