With company culture increasingly valued by today’s workforce, we want to let you decide who does it best in Ohio!
Company culture has always been important, but perhaps more so today than ever before. With the growth of the startup economy and a workforce now made up by more millennials than any other group, company culture has taken center stage in attracting, developing and retaining top talent.
Do you wake up in the morning eager to go to work? Ever felt an internal drive to do your best each day, felt valued within your company, or felt a sense that you have a stake in your startup’s success? Does your office have happy hours, ping pong tables, staff sports teams or flexible work hours? If so, you may have a case of “Best Company Culture.”
TechOhio is proud to introduce the first ever Startup Culture Awards, an audience-driven contest between companies across the state to crown startup culture supremacy.
Which Ohio startup has fostered the best company culture?
It’s an impossible question to answer on our own, so we’re turning to you startup-loving, tech enthusiasts to chime in. If you think your company is among the best to work for in the state, let us know!
Here’s how it will work:
Nominations accepted (October 1, 2018 – October 19, 2018)
- Submit your nominations for best startup culture through a submission form on our website. Keep an eye out for the announcement of the official launch on TechOhio Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook!
- One nomination is all that’s needed for a company to be considered.
- You will be asked to write a brief sentence or two about why you feel this startup exemplifies the “Best of the Best” in company culture—as an employee or admiring onlooker.
- Submission window will close on October 19th and nominees will be organized by “Early-Stage” or “Late-Stage” startups.
Voting period (October 29, 2018 – November 16, 2018)
- Voting will take place through a poll on the TechOhio site. You can vote as many times as you’d like and remember to encourage others to do the same!
- Companies will also be encouraged to demonstrate their company culture, through photos, in response to prompts put out through TechOhio on social media. These prompts will touch on categories like gamification in the office, teamwork, staff social activities, and more. More details will be revealed soon!
- Voting period ends on November 16th.
Winners announced (December 2018)
- Early-December: Winners will be notified first by email, and then announced publicly via the TechOhio website, an email blast and through TechOhio social channels.
- Winners of TechOhio’s inaugural “Startup Culture Awards” will be awarded:
- Public announcement on TechOhio site and social channels
- Video spotlight on the winning companies produced by TechOhio and partner agency.
- Certificate sent by mail.
- Bragging rights across the state until next year’s competition!
For a complete list of the contest’s official rules, click here.
In addition to a certificate you can display proudly in your killer offices, winners in each category of this contents will be highlighted through a promotional video produced by TechOhio.
We want to hear from you! Spread the word and let’s shine a light on the great work being done at startups around the state, recognizing especially those companies that take great care of their employees by fostering excellent workplace cultures across Ohio. Your participation in this event will help show the tech community the type of world-class innovation that’s taking place in Ohio.
Stay tuned for the voting window to open—October 1, 2018!